Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Dumplin - My Lovebird

I post layouts about my dogs a lot. But I'm afraid you don't get many layouts about my feathered kids. Mostly cause they are uncooperative picture takers.  But I do have a layout for you today that features my lovebird Dumplin. Isn't she a cutie?


Dumplin is actually my second lovebird. My first lovebird was named Valentine. I got her shortly after David and I married. We had to wait a couple of weeks from the time I chose her to come pick her up. We picked her up on the Friday before October 2001 General Conference. We had a blast that weekend, she sang along with all the music. We spent as much time together as possible. On Monday morning she died. I have no idea why. Having talked to some breeders, I suspect she was sick when we picked her up. I was devastated. And it was months before I would find another lovebird.

In February 2002, Dumplin came in to my life. She actually reverted to needing to be handfed when we first brought her home. I did it for about two weeks and I think that is why we are so close. In my layout, it says almost nine years but I guess it has been a little over nine years. I love Dumplin very much and I am so glad to have her in my life.

This layout was created using It's a Lovely Day from Merkeley Designs. You can find It's a Lovely Day at OScraps and MerkeleyDesigns.com. I think this is a beautiful kit for scrapping your spring photos. And I know there are a lot of you out there more than ready for Spring.


I want to thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead of you.

No comments: