Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Coup in Thailand

I've been reading about the coup in Thailand. The Thai military claims they are trying to protect democracy. I don't know, I have my doubts. But it has caused me to think about what we have really been blessed with here in the United States. We don't make our will known through military coups, we make it known through democratic elections. We exercise our right to vote. We vote in (or our) those men and women who we feel best represent an ideal government. And then if we don't like what is happening, we have the right to express our displeasure and work to change it. That is what is really great about the United States.

If you are grateful that military coups are not a normal way of life in this country, then show it. Show it by voting in November and making your will known.

1 comment:

{S} said...

and that is why I am registered.
:~)