Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Beginning of a Journey

Six years ago today, my dh David flew to Dallas so we could be married. Six years ago we picked up our marriage license, went to Six Flags with my sister and brother-in-law and then ate at Razoo's with the aforementioned sister and bil, as well as my mom.

I picked David up at the Airport around 10:00 a.m. We then headed in to Denton to pick up our marriage license. After that, we headed up to Frisco to meet up with my sister and bil to Six Flags. David had never been and I hadn't been in years. We had a blast. I even rode three roller coasters, including Batman (I've never had the never to ride another coaster since). On the way home from Six Flags, we called my mom to see if she wanted to meet us for dinner, so we all went to Razoos as I had not yet had the opportunity to take David to that restaurant and it was one of my favorites.

It's hard to believe that all of that was six years ago. I remember how excited I was to be at Six Flags with my future hubby. It was just so awesome for me. I was just so happy that day.

Normally, I am not one who is very good with mental pictures. That is probably why I love scrapbooking. However, that day is just so vivid in my mind. Probably cause I had so much fun and was just so truly happy.

This coming Saturday, David and I will celebrate our sixth anniversary. There is not a day goes by that I am not grateful for David and that I don't give thanks that he is my hubby. I was truly blessed when David came in to my life.

1 comment:

Fuzzy White Dogs said...

Oh, that sounds like it was such a special day! No wonder you remember it so vividly! Riding roller coasters would've been the perfect thing for me to have done on the day we got our marriage license too -- I was SO excited!

Happy Anniversary!