Monday, August 20, 2007

Michael Vick - Banned for Life

This is exactly what I want to see happen to Michael Vick. He deserves this and so much more for what he did to those poor dogs. A man like that should not be allowed to play in the NFL. What Michael Vick did was plain evil and now he should get his just reward. And his just reward should be more than time spent in prison. He should be banned for life from playing professional football.

I know what some people think. They think we should overlook what he did, because he has apologized to all the people he has hurt. Well, when do I read about his apology to the dogs he hurt? They are the ones who truly suffered here. Plus, he should be sorry. Even if he really means it, and is not just saying it, repenting of a wrong does not mean that you get to avoid the consequences of having done something wrong. And one of those consequences should be a permanent ban from professional football.

Please take the time to contact the
NFL
, Commissioner Goodell and your favorite team and urge each of them to seek a ban for life for Michael Vick. He deserves no less.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I agree! He deserves a hefty punishment...and part of that is definitely being banned for life from the NFL.

Honestly, I think that he should have to go through what he put the dogs through...let a few dogs gnaw off his body every few days, or something horrible like that. That might sound harsh, but what he did was way beyond harsh.

I think that if prisoners got the punishment equal to what they did, the jails wouldn't be overflowing...there'd be less prisoners one way or another. The reality is that most of them have a cushy little "home away from home", where they can make even more criminal friends and deals.

Anyway, that's all I'll say.

mE said...

I think he deserves totally to be banned for life. I am a HUGE animal lover/defendant and I can not believe that he has done this crap. It really boils my blood. I can't even stand to read the stories, I just want to throw up.

I hope justice prevails.

Erin